Monday, January 17, 2011

Blog 2-Color Study

Blue Stair. Teton Pass abandoned house. 1/60 f/2.8

Blue Mountain. Swan Valley. 1/500 f/22. I stitched 2 pics together

Dam Panorama. The Dam in Swan Valley. 1/125 f/13. I stitched 5 pics together.
Blue Door. Abandoned house in Teton Pass. 1/160 f/2.8.

I chose to study the color blue in nature and in man made subjects. For a couple of the shots I had a very small aperture which created great depth of field. With the door frame, I got very close to my subject and zoomed in which created a more shallow depth of field compared to the stair photograph where I was completely zoomed out and a few feet away. The two panorama shots were taken with high f-stops so I could have the whole landscape in focus. 




1 comment:

  1. David, good job on your color study shots. I really like the door frame one. It is simple yet detailed as it shows the texture of the wook. It has a old vintage feel to it. The 2nd mountain landscape shot was very well done as well. I like the shape of the mountain ridges as they smoothly run across the top of the photo. Good depth of field with blue stair shot, it looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete