Monday, February 14, 2011

Blog 6-Scanography

One Scan
Help Wanted. I put cling wrap over the whole face of the scanner and bunched it up in random chaos. I wanted to imitate the feel of water. Then I splashed water drops on the cling wrap so there'd be subtle water drops everywhere. I wrote the note with sharpie, hoping it would maybe smear or give the appearance of being wet once i put it on the wet surface. I dunked my head in water and took the scan. It was pretty fun if I do say so myself.

Collage Scan
See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil. I took 3 separate scans, though it took about 6 tries per scan to get the right feel I wanted. I wanted to play with the shadows that the scanner produces. So once I had all 3 scans I wanted, I went into photoshop and followed the instructions in the book under #27 for Layer Mask. I put all 3 images on top of each other, made a mask for them all, then used the black/white brush to hide/reveal what I wanted till it felt right.


Before/Individual Photos


No comments:

Post a Comment